Keep little hands busy this summer with some home-grown inspiration from the Blue Peter Gardener Lee Connelly, aka The Skinny Jean Gardener.
Create your own mini allotment and grow your own salad with this cheap and easy make to do with mum and dad!
You will need:
Washing up bowl (£2)
Salad mix seeds (£2)
Tomato and/or chilli plants (£1.50 each)
- Before you start, you will need to drill drainage holes in the bottom of a washing up bowl. (Please ask an adult to this!)
- Fill the bowl with compost.
- Plant tomato plant or for a bit of heat, chilli plants into the compost.
- Sow salad seeds in a line on one side of the bowl.
- Water your mini allotment and place in sunshine. (Water regularly and watch it grow!)
For more cheap and easy makes, check out Skinny Jean Gardener on Instagram and join him for more hands-on fun at our Harvest festival at Forde Abbey on 15th and 16th September.
See you there!